Ivana and William met at the University of Washington while taking a class called Creating a Company, where the idea of Sugar + Spoon was first created. The duo had both planned to get what they call "real jobs" after graduation, however after seeing the reactions from their peers on campus, they knew it was time to take a leap of faith and pursue the cookie dough.
Just a year in, the two operate out of two food trucks and Dessert Window on University Way. These two work alongside 40 "Sugar + Spoon Squad" members with large visions of the company, the two stay busy bringing their visions into reality!
PARTNERSHIPS & PRESS
We are proud members of the Washington Hospitality Association. The Association is the state's leading hospitality trade group, representing more than 6,000 members throughout Washington.
Both founders graduated from the University of Washington in Seattle. They met in the class "Creating a Company" where they first started to sell safe-to-eat cookie dough. The University has continued to support SUGAR + SPOON through the 2018 Acceleration Program Cohort.
- Seattle Times - Attention, Seattle cookie monsters
- King 5 - Sugar + Spoon is a new cookie-dough truck coming to a corner near you
- Seattle Eater - New Food Truck Serves Scoops of Egg-Free Cookie Dough
- Seattle Met - Sugar and Spoon Brings Cookie Dough to the Masses
- Seattle Refined - A new Seattle food truck serves up edible cookie dough (!)
- UW Foster Blog - Nine Startups Accepted into 2018 Jones + Foster Accelerator